- Hope everyone had a good Ramadan and Eid in sha Allah
Death of George Floyd
I have several different simultaneous opinions:
Support for rebellion against police
- Police enforce and perpetuate corrupt kufr law
- Police clearly have a history of being racist
- Police didn’t militarize when a bunch of white people were protesting on govt property open-carrying assault rifles
- Imam Ahmad quote about the hairbrush and the oppressors:
When Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal was imprisoned, one of the prison guards came to him and asked him:
“O Abu ‘Abdillah! The hadith that is narrated regarding the oppressors and those that aid them – is it authentic?”
He said: “Yes.”
The prison guard then said: “So, I am considered to be an aide of the oppressors?”
Imam Ahmad replied: “No. The aides of the oppressors are those that comb your hair, and wash your clothes, and prepare your meals, and buy and sell from you. As for you, then you are one of the oppressors themselves!”[‘Manaqib al-Imam Ahmad’, by Ibn al-Jawzi, p. 397]
Ka’b ibn Ujrah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated Allah’s Messenger (Peace be upon him) came to us and we were nine people made up of five and four either of the two numbers representing Arabs and non-Arabs. He said, “Listen! Have you heard that there will be after me, rulers? If anyone goes to them and, despite their falsehood, vouches for their truth and, despite their tyranny, helps them over their oppression, then he does not belong to me and I am not his and he will not make it to my pond. And as for him, who does not go to them and does not aid them in their oppression and does not vouch their lies to be true, he is of me and I belong to him and he will come to me at the pond.”Reference: Jami’ Tirmidhi (Hadith # 2259), Saheeh at Targheeb wat Tarheeb (Hadith # 2244), Sunan an Nasai (Hadith # 4207, 4208), Saheeh ibn e Hibban (Hadith # 283), Mustadrak al-Haakim (Hadith # 263, 264), M’ujam al-Kabeer (Hadith # 294, 295,296), Sunan al-Baihiqi al-Kubra (Hadith # 16445). Authenticated by al-Albani in Saheeh Jami’ Tirmidhi and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat Tarheeb and his grading of Sunan an Nasai, Shu’aib Arnaoot classified it as Sahih in his classification of Saheeh ibn e Hibban. Ibn e Hibban also quotes it from the father of Abdullah bin Khabab (Hadith # 284), Classified as Hasan by Sh’uaib Arnaoot.
Let America burn
- Divine punishment? For the oppression against Muslims
- Every empire ends sooner or later
- Almost hope Trump gets re-elected
- And for every nation is a [specified] term. So when their time has come, they will not remainbehind an hour, nor will they precede [it]. 7:34
- Hadith/quote of salaf? “Allah will let a kafr society prosper if it is just, and He will destroy even a Muslim nation if they are unjust”
- Pride month
As Muslims, this isn’t our fight or our concern
- Priorities should be our oppressed Muslim brothers, sisters, and children
- Priorities should include working towards reestablishing Khilafah
- Two groups of kuffar fighting each other is not our concern
- Despite acknowledging that he died unjustly from racist police, George Floyd is still a dead kaafir whom we should not feel sorry for
- BLM includes homosexuals and trans. Do you think they’re going to stand up for us? No, they call us barbaric, backward, homophobic, etc.
- Why are masaajid and Islamic organizations so quick to jump on the bandwagon to speak out on this, but they’re silent on the state of the Ummah?
- Every masaajid has a “we condemn ‘terrorism’” statement on their website but where is their condemnation of America, Israel, Bashar al-Assad, China, etc.?
- And even outside of Muslims, where is the global outrage and solidarity forSyria, Iraq, Yemen, Palestine, Burma, Myanmar, Chechnya, China, etc.
- BLM puts Obama on a pedestal but Obama is responsible for more Muslim deaths by drone strike than Bush, including AAA
But what if you’re a black Muslim?
- I think that Islamic identity should come before racial identity
- Putting racial, national, tribal identity before Islamic identity leads to aasabiyaah and disunity
- Beyond that, I don’t know, I don’t want to speak ignorantly and offend any of my Black Muslim brothers
Man-made law will always be unjust and corrupt
- Barking up the wrong tree
- Protesting is nice but won’t accomplish anything
- Malcolm X speak the same language
- Peaceful protest won’t work if the people with all the weapons and power simply choose not to listen
- If you truly want justice, the Islamic system is the only way
- There is no racism in Islam although sadly there is racism among Muslims
- Hadith of the dung beetle
- The system will always be broken because it’s not based on Allah’s commandments and the Prophet’s guidance SAWS
Narrated Abu Hurairah:that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “People should stop boasting about their fathers who have died, while they are but coals of Hell, or they will be more humiliated with Allah than the dung beetle who rolls dung with his nose. Indeed Allah removed Jahiliyyah from you, and its boasting about lineage. [Indeed a person is either] a pious believer, or a miserable sinner. And people are all the children of Adam, and Adam was [created] from dust.”Tirmidhi – English reference: Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3955
If only Muslims would unify and rise up for Khilafah like these kuffar are doing
- Sad when we have to look at kuffar for the example
- Although we should remember that victory is only from Allah and not from numbers, technology, etc.